Olfactif subscribers have spent the month of February experiencing three gorgeous scents that stole Alyssa Harad's heart in her critically acclaimed memoir Coming to My Senses: A Story of Perfume, Pleasure, and an Unlikely Bride. Alyssa's curation of our February collection, Coming to Our Senses, is capturing imaginations because it gives people a unique way to experience storytelling: through the power of words, memory, and scent.
And soon, two lucky winners will be able to experience three more scents that are pivotal in Alyssa's story, in a sample pack of three rare and vintage perfumes that you won't find just anywhere. Alyssa will also include signed copies of her memoir, so you can experience these perfumes as you read about the way they inspired her.
How to enter
Just head over to this Facebook post. "Like" the post and tell us, in a comment on the post, how you'd finish this sentence:
"My favorite perfume makes me feel..."
That's it. Happy? Comfortable? Beautiful? Confident? Anything goes.
Two lucky winners will receive signed copies of Alyssa's memoir, plus sample packs of three rare and vintage perfumes:
Scandal by Lanvin (vintage)
"In its original incarnation it was flowers, spice, leather, and sex—armor for hard times present, protection against threats looming on the horizon, and an invitation to defy both. The flowers have faded with time. The leather and sex have not."
—Alyssa Harad,Coming to My Senses: A Story of Perfume, Pleasure, and an Unlikely Bride.
Joy by Jean Patou (vintage)
"If Scandal was defiance, Joy was transcendence, an aria of pure flowers—roses and jasmine, thousands of them in every bottle—soaring above the anchor of an animalic base. It was radiance over darkness, distilled."
—Alyssa Harad, Coming to My Senses: A Story of Perfume, Pleasure, and an Unlikely Bride.
Songes by Annick Goutal (original formulation)
"In the same way that Songes surprised me into loving white florals, it taught me to overcome my defensive suspicion of straightforward beauty and romance, and to consider the possibility that I could be part of that dream. Beauty, I had thought, was the bland, expected thing, something for other women. I considered myself more of a jolie-laide type. I needed a hint of strangeness, a sharpness, a twist somewhere to feel truly at home. But feeling perfectly at ease in Songes, I began to wonder about the connections between beauty and tenderness…"
—Alyssa Harad, alyssaharad.com.
Head over to Facebook now. Good luck!
The fine print
1. Eligibility. This draw is open only to commenters who have a valid U.S. shipping address and who register a comment on the correct Facebook post on facebook.com/artofperfume. Employees of Olfactif LLC and its suppliers and partners, as well as immediate family and household members of those employees, are not eligible.
2. Timing. The promotion begins on February 19, 2013, at 12 a.m. Central and ends February 24, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Central. One winner will be selected at random within one week and will be contacted via Facebook.
3. Limitations. Each commenter may enter one time. Duplicate comments (entries) per single Facebook user will be void. Use of any automated system to participate will result in disqualification.
4. Selection. The winner will be chosen via a random drawing after the contest period ends.
5. Notification. The winning entrant will be notified via Facebook and will have 48 hours to respond and provide an eligible U.S. shipping address. If the winning entrant does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected at random. This process will repeat until a winner has provided an eligible U.S. shipping address to claim the prize.
6. Information. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. If you have questions about about this giveaway, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.